Give Your Kids a Financial Head Start
Launch the kids in your life toward financial independence.
- Join. As a start, open a savings account for each child in your family at the credit union. As soon as your children can write, have them fill out deposit and withdrawal slips. Guide teenagers through using a debit card and balancing a checkbook.
- Share. Include your children in your household finance discussions. Show them how you budget income and expenses. As their skills improve, give them challenges such as finding a better cell phone plan, calculating the total monthly cost of owning a car, or sticking to a budget with back to school or holiday spending.
- Coach. Remind your children to ask for help when they need it. And turn to your credit union when you want help. Our tradition of service and philosophy of self help make 121 Financial and all credit unions a natural partner in pursuing financial security.
We’re here to help. For more information, contact us at 904.723.6300.
Exerpt from “Guiding Your Children Toward Financial Independence” Article. Copyright ©2008 Credit Union National Association Inc. Information subject to change without notice. For use with members of a single credit union. All other rights reserved.
Sage advice for teens from a teen!
Does your teen need some extra guidance when making financial decisions? Learn the best budgeting tips from our teen blogger Eva Baker. With her helpful advice, you'll know why TeensGotCents!
Kids Savings Account
Ages 13 & Under
Let us help you teach your children or grandchildren the importance of saving and planning for the future.
- Sesame Street: First Steps to Spending, Sharing, and Saving
- Great Minds Think: A Kid’s Guide to Money
Our Totally Free Checking Account is one of the most popular services we offer, and it’s available to ages 16 years and older.* Click the link to learn more.
Build Credit with a Progressive VISA®
Your credit history follows you where ever you go; so you'll want to make sure it stays in good standing. Use this card as an opportunity to build a credit history with rewards for maintaining it! Click the link to learn more.